Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, February 1, 2010

UPDATE - Sofia's first month





Isn't it funny how time goes by so fast when you have a newborn?? It has been a month and a half since I last updated the baby blog because, as you all know, Sofia was born and it a LOT of work being a new mommy! She was born on January 3, 2010 at 10:31 AM. Let me tell you the story:



Mike and I went to the movies on Saturday night (Jan 2) to watch Sherlock Holmes because we knew that one day Sofia would come and we would not be able to go watch a movie in a long time. We went to eat dinner after the movie and came back home, it was a really nice date. I was feeling well, I had Braxton-Hicks contractions during the movie, but never thought any of those were the real contractions. We came back home and went to bed. I was reading the "Baby 411" book that I bought the same day, since I knew I should be prepared for the baby's first week. I was reading the second page when my water broke! We called the doctor, he told us to go to the hospital. We left at 11:45 PM and arrived at the hospital at midnight. At 12:10 AM, they admitted us and my contractions started getting really strong, I was getting them every 3 minutes!!!! At 5 AM, after doing all the Lamaze techniques that we learned, I couldn't handle the pain anymore (it was HORRIBLE!!!) so I got a pain shot. Mike and I then fell asleep (it was great!) and at 7 AM, I woke up because I felt the worst contraction EVER(!!!!) and I got the epidural. Why didn't I take the epidural earlier??? After I got the epidural, everything was great!! I was ready to push at 10:00 AM and she was born at 10:31 AM. Well, at least I know now what labor pains are like, and for the next baby, I will show up at the hospital, get the epidural, go to sleep, and tell the nurse to wake me up when it is time to push. hahaha.

I have no words to express how beautiful the whole experience was. She is the best thing that has ever happened to us. Mike was the best labor coach I could ever have. He was so supportive and he did everything he could to make things better for me. I love him so much. Poor Mike was so tired!! When Sofia was born, Mike cut the umbilical cord, they cleaned her and gave her to me so she could have her first breastfeeding session. She did great! It was a very emotional moment for Mike and I. We were SOOOOO happy!! Then Mike and Sofia left with the nurses to give her her first bath.


I was very lucky that I had an easy labor, when Mike left with Sofia to give her the first bath, they took me to the Mother-Baby care unit, and they played the lullaby in the hospital to announce that one baby was born (ours of course). I cried when I heard it. The nurse told me that it was our song for Sofia, and I was crying so much, tears of joy...


My parents came a week later to meet their granddaughter. They were so happy!! My dad had her in his arms all the time, he spoiled her, like a proud grandpa. My mom stayed with us for 2 weeks to help me, she was a lot of help, and she was in love with Sofia too. Mike's parents have been to our place (almost) every weekend since she was born. They are very happy grandparents. Every time her grandparents come to see her, they bring her gifts. This girl is so spoiled already!!





Abuelos Orgullosos! Proud Grandparents!








We are so lucky to have a happy baby. I hope she continues to be like that. Check out our Flickr album (Sofia - 7 weeks) for pictures and videos of our beautiful baby girl. I will start updating the blog more often! Now that she gives me some time to check my computer.

1 comment:

  1. Felicidades a los tres!.. Que linda historia... Que emocionante. Les mando muchos besotes y abrazos y si! ojala que puedas poner muchas mas fotos y todo mas seguido!.
    Te quiero mucho... pero mas a mi gorda! jaja!
    Maisy

    ReplyDelete