Pregnancy Ticker

Sunday, October 4, 2009

22 weeks - Mike's Grand Opening



Worky work, busy bee. I've spent the past three weeks working 14 hours a day; today is my first full day off in two weeks. Opening restaurants is not fun. Luckily, I come home each night, put my head on Paola's belly, and our baby girl kicks me in the head. It makes me forget about the stress of the day. Can't wait for our baby Sophia/Sofia. (we decided on name, but not a spelling). Hopefully the restaurant will hit its stride before she comes, because if it doesn't, I will be too busy with Daddy's Little Girl to even think about the restaurant.

Mucho trabajo. 14 horas por dia las tres semanas pasadas. Hoy es mi primer dia sin trabajar todo el dia hace dos semanas. Pero, tengo la suerte de regresar a la casa cada noche, poner mi cabeza en la panza de Paola, y nuestra hijita me patea, y me olvido de todo. No puedo esperar a que venga Sophia/Sofia (tenemos el nombre al fin, pero no sabemos como queremos escribirlo). Espero que todo en el restaurante este bien cuando venga ella, porque si no, yo estare bien ocupado con La Consentida, no podre pensar en otras cosas.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I am a friend of Paola's from the Suizo up to 5th Grade (now through facebook), I just wanted to say to Mike that I believe he will be a great dad. I'm sorry I didn't get to see Paola on her trip to Guatemala, its ok though, I might have just played on the computer the whole time :).
    Greetings though, May God richly bless you both (and Sofie!) - Brian C.

    Hola, Soy un amigo de Paola del Suizo (hasta 4to Primaria, ahora por facebook), Solo le queria decir a Mike que creo que va a ser un excellente papá. Quisiera haber visto a Paola en su viaje a este pais, aunque talvez la hubiera pasado jugando con la computadora :)
    Pero saludos, que Dios los super bendiga a los dos (Y a Sophie!) -Brian Cowan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new restaurant! You guys have a lot going on right now. Paola, you look great! Best wishes, Robin Hatcher

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome... keep the updates coming...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the updates! Working 14 hour days seems like a nice warm up for the looming 24/7 job of a bebita ;) We are very happy to see you progressing at home and at work.
    My unsolicited vote is for the Sofia variant.
    Jesse and Cristiana

    ReplyDelete